Sunday 3 June 2012

3.3 A Shock Part 2




"Blair say something, please."
"A baby! But how?" Teddy just looked at him thinking I can't believe you just said that.
"What I meant to say was are you sure?"
"The doctor ran the tests and their sure. I'm about 5 weeks. The Doctor told me there may be complications."
"Like?"
"I'm human and I maybe having a baby that is a vampire."


"Ok. Do you want the baby?" sitting next to Blair, Teddy replied "I'm scared I don't know what to do. I love you but I really don't know."


Blair thought about what Teddy had just said and then replied, "Look at me Teddy." Pulling her into him, "I know we haven't been together long but you have to understand I'd never met anyone like you before. I'm 70 years old and I'm finally happy with you and if that means we are having a baby then yes, I'm happy."
"Should we be having this baby, I mean so soon?" Teddy asked
"Your right it is soon but I really am ok with this. You'll have to move in."
"Move in just because I'm pregnant."
Blair looked at her and said, "I wanted you to move from day one. Think about it at least." pulling her in closely.


"I'm still nervous. Are we doing the right thing?"
"Well it is here now. When's your next appointment?"
"In 2 weeks. Why?"
"I'm going with you, that's why."

2 weeks later

The appointment came around quickly and Teddy was nervous. Blair had made sure she had eaten before they went.
"When are you going to give up living here and move in with me?"
"It's a big decision Blair."
Blair stared at Teddy and replied, "And the baby isn't."
"I just wanted things to happen a certain way. Move in together, get married have kids. But look at what's happened!"
"So will you move in?"
"What you don't want to marry me."
"Hay I never said that."
"But you never said you did either."


"Let's go to the appointment." Blair said before the conversation got any deeper on the getting married subject. He was not against the idea but with a baby on the way he needed to focus on one thing at a time. He knew he would have to explain all this to Teddy but after the appointment.
They went in to the doctor's office sat down and the doctor said, "Teddy how are you this morning?"
"Still feeling sick."


"The sickness will pass. Mr Merrick how has Teddy been?"
"Like she said, she has been sick, she isn't eating much and I had to get her to eat this morning before coming here. Also her emotions are up and down."
"You have to look after Teddy. Pregnancy is for some woman a very emotional time and others a joyful time. Your job is to keep the balance."
"How do I do that?"
"You will learn along the way."


"When will I know if the baby is a vampire?" Teddy enquired. 
"Between 12 to 16 weeks mark. I'm making an appointment at the hospital for you in 5 weeks. However I will need to see you a week after that to see how you are."


When they got back to Teddy's house, she was already in tears, Blair held her and asked, "What's wrong?"
"I'm going to miss this house."
"Why?"
"I'm moving in with you." Blair was pleased but at the same time confused one minute she was yelling at him and then the next in tears agreeing to move in with him. He wanted to try and understand her but decided against trying to understand woman.
"I love you, Gorgeous." then he kissed her softly.

"Then why don't you want to marry me?" Blair thought 'great here we go.' He began his explanation, "I never said that I didn't want to marry you but we are having a baby."
"That's your reason?"


Blair could feel his temper surfing and started to argue with Teddy, "If there was no baby then yes in a few months I would have asked you to marry me but now, how can I? You properly accuse me of marrying you because of the baby. So at the moment I can't win. I'm going to cool off. I'll be back later." slamming the door as he went.


Teddy was in shock, Blair had left in bad temper and there were no bruises on her or cuts. In her experience tempers like that came with a fist but she thought about his words carefully would she really think somewhere down the line that he married her only for the baby. Teddy knew he loved her but also knew that with her emotions playing a rollercoaster ride, there may be truth in what he said.



She couldn't wait for Blair to come back so she went to find him. Teddy found him relaxing in the bedroom at his place. "Can I come in?"
"If you want." Sitting next to him she said, "I didn't know you felt that way."
"Now you do." trying to stay mad with her but he couldn't do it.






He took her in his arms and started kissing her, at first she tried to resist because she still wanted answers but at the same time she loved the kisses, his touch so she kissed him back. 




While they lay on the bed; Blair asked her, "Is marriage that important to you?"
"I want to marry but being with you is what's important. Why?" Teddy asked.
"If it's really important to you we could...you know go away and get married. What do you think?"

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Blair you'd better calm down, you've got a months to deal with Teddy's accusations and weird mood swings.

    Soooooo are we to expect a wedding soon? *puppy dog eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Blair hates her mood swings :)

      A wedding ummm, I'm not telling :)

      Delete
  2. You left it there!!! Mean!!!

    Blair was right, she would have thought that he was asking because she is pregnant. Now that she knows it wouldn't be because of the baby, I can't wait to see her answer!


    Adjusting to her emotions will be hard for Blair with his personality, but I think that he loves her enough to do it!

    More, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      He adores her and he will put up with the mood swings but you are right it is hard for him. If Blair had asked before there was a baby then it would have been different :)

      Teddy needs to see he loves her no matter what.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poisonivy,

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting and glad you enjoyed it :) I hope you will stop by more often :)

      Delete
  4. poor Blair..finally he finds someone he loves, who loves him and is going to have his child.He's happy I think with everything except for the psycho pregnancy seems to turn Teddy into=b.

    Hopefully it will all work itself out soon=)...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edenz,

      Lol Blair is happy but yes you are right Teddy and pregnancy aren't a good mix at the moment.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. ~ I can understand Blair's reluctance to marry her,even though he wants to marry her, the circumstances are not ideal,she said she does not want to be controlled & in her mood swing state that is a subject,that would come up often,& he would be accused of controlling her!
    ~ He bought the house with her in mind & a future together, but let her have her own way,until she is comfortable with them being a couple!It is like stepping on broken glass, continually, for Blair,he wants her,but has to let her come to that conclusion herself!
    ~ She is starting to realize that Blair will not hurt her,he was in a bad mood because of her words but told her he would leave,it is just dawning on her that he will not retaliate like others in the past,that in itself,was a big wake up for Teddy!
    ~ He was trying so hard to explain to her these things,her thinking on it she realized he is right & searched him out to tell him!
    ~ He wants to have her close, always has,but now he needs too, because of the pregnancy,so he can help her through it & make sure she is looking after herself!
    ~ Loved it & I do need more,the other appointment?.............(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Blair is so happy with Teddy and now the baby but these moods swing are driving him insane. When bought the house it was for a future with Teddy. She does love him with all her heart but the shock of the baby has now made her think is it the right time.
      Teddy always wanted a family but after her experience in relationship she thought it would never happen. Now she knows she is completely safe with him she is starting to realize how important she is to him.
      He wants to marry her but he is right she may think its because of the baby but Teddy knows deep down it would be because of her. She has agreed to move in but Blair can't wait for these mood swings to stop.

      Thanks for reading and glad you loved and and want more :)

      Delete
  6. Blair did throw that little curve ball, huh? I am glad Teddy thought it through and realised that she just might have done what he said somewhere along the way. She has a good head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Blair did throw a curve ball and Teddy realises that she has someone really special :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. Okay, I think Blair's right in taking baby steps, they just found out they're expecting, they should enjoy that for now, and nor fight about getting married. When the time is right, it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Blair really hates her mood swings. I hope she calms down soon. Blair is right it will happen in time. :)

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Yikes, I hate Teddy's mood swings as much as Blair does. I think he's right too, getting married while she's in such an emotional state would cause doubts of if he really married her for love. I think both of them need to just focus on one thing at a time, it's a lot to adjust to, having a baby and moving in together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LateKnightSimmer,

      Blair wants to marry but not like this. He'd rather Teddy haapy and the baby born first but things may change...poor Blair on Teddy's mood swings though

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete