Tuesday 8 January 2013

4.16 Breaking the Rules



Closing the behind her was a welcome sight as she was exhausted after her night adventure. She knew it was wrong but all she could think about was Blake as she got ready for bed. 



As she was about to go to sleep her computer went beep. 



She sat in front of computer and read the email and it read,
Sail,
Meeting 10am sharp tomorrow and don't be late.
Keith

She knew if her boss used her surname then the meeting must be important. She made her way back to bed but all she could do was think about Blake.

Police Station



"Sail why are you late?" my boss questioned me as I sat down in the chair.
"Come on its only 10 minutes. Take a chill pill." The way he looked at me was bad. I guess telling him to chill was a bad move. "So Boss what's important?"
"The murder of Samantha Wood, there has been a breakthrough and it's thanks to you." I looked stunned at him as he continued, "When we found the body, I was convinced it was was a messy kill. As you know the prime suspect has been Blake Granger her boyfriend. You however being a stubborn vampire pissed off the coroner and demanded they take another look at the body. The report just came back; there was a small but distinctive puncher wound. It was over looked because they thought a vampire in anger; he would feed all over the place."



"That is bull shit and you know it. Vampires even in anger will not move all over the place. We sink our fangs in then drain. It's that simple." He just stared at me giving me the look to shut up and listen. I'd been investigating the case for months getting ready to arrest this guy but after meeting him and reading his mind he was many things but not a killer. After looking into his eyes I was falling for Blake. "Sail did you hear me?"



"Sorry boss I didn't."
"Arrest Estevan Granger." I stood there now shock, "I won't arrest his father."
"Why not?"




"He wouldn't do it. He protected his son by getting Samantha out of the house but finish the job and put his son through torment, get real..."

"Until you have more information on the case then arrest him. He did move the body."
"Boss we both know he didn't set up his son."  
"You will arrest him for finishing her off and moving a body or you can kiss your career goodbye. So because of your help I will give you 30 minutes to make your choice."


I took a stroll through the local park thinking about what I should do. I knew the arrest was wrong my gut told me this but I loved my job. I watched everyone have a great time in the park. I wanted to cry because here I was about to arrest a man who saved my life. I remember visiting family and the house caught fire and it was Estevan who pulled me out and sat with me while the paramedics did their job. Until last night I didn't know Blake was his son and I was about to hurt them both.



"Lexy isn't it?" There he stood looking at me.
"Yes its me." wow I sound like a little child.
"You look great. All grown up I see. What do you do now?" My heart sunk when he asked that.
"Estevan we need to talk as I'm about to break a major rule but I feel I owe you." He tried to speak but we didn't have much time as I stopped him and continued. "I work for the police and have been investigating Samantha Wood's murder." 



Estevan looked at me pissed and firmly stated, "Murder, my son didn't commit any murder. It was an accident."
I begged for him to listen, "I know he didn't do it but now they want me to arrest you."
"What! Lexy this is ridiculous I would never set up my son."



"How long was her body left between Blake freaking out and you cleaning up?"
"I never cleaned up..." I looked at him, "You know what I did after being a fire fighter don't you. Yes I cleaned up after the killing but I thought as did Blake that he had...you know killed Sam. It was about 20 minutes before I got there to clean up."
"There was another puncher wound almost same distance as the fang marks but not quite and they believe you finished her off."
"If I feed it is clean and I don't share. So I would never finish someone else's feed. Blake needs to know about this as the guilt is tearing him apart. Sam was having an affair and Blake had confronted her about it."
"I will look into this and thanks for the information but you know I have to arrest you."



"I know but one thing before you do. I don't hold it against you for doing your job and I approve." I looked puzzled at him and then he added, "You and Blake, you would be good for him. All the time we have been talking I read your mind to find out why you would comprise your job for me." Now I really wanted to cry but then I said, "Estevan Granger I am arresting you for the murder of Samantha Wood." 

7 comments:

  1. What a nasty turn of events. Estevan took that rather well. If there was an unknown set of punctures on Samantha, perhaps Blake was really set up? That scene, though he lost control, I think he was the only one there besides Samantha. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippdy,

      Estevan knowing Blake is innocent is still trying to protect his son. Time will tell what happens to both father and son.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Strange turn of events all around. And Sail should just excuse herself from this case, she's obviously getting too close to it to remain objective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Lexy Sail I agree is too close to the case but will she take a step back we will soon find out.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Mypalsim,

    Keith hates both Estevan and Blair. Question is will Estevan get out of this and will Blair help?

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, but I'm glad to know that Blake didn't kill Sam! I wonder who did it!

    Lexy is really in a hard position. In love with Blake and having to arrest his father. That will be hard to get past, but at least Estevan doesn't blame her. He's proud of her!

    A really good update, Lucky! You have such a good imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sail's boss is mean, sheesh.
    I'm glad Estevan read her mind, LOL, it helped him understand better, even though it's wrong because he didn't do it either.

    ReplyDelete