Tuesday 24 September 2013

5.10 Concern

Blake sat with Keith’s body waiting for the ambulance when he felt fear race through his body. Lexy needed him and he was going to be there. 



He left the station in search for Lexy and with every step he took the fear grew then suddenly he felt nothing. Panic set in as he feared for Lexy’s life. The first thing he did was call for help, ‘Dad help, how do I find Lexy when I have no contact?’ Estevan heard the plea through his thoughts, ‘Stop and feel and make sure you can’t sense her. What was she doing?’
‘We found Keith dead and she went after the killer.’
‘What do you see around you?’
‘Dad this isn’t a game.’ Estevan lost his temper, ‘Answer the damn question.’ He could feel Blake’s panic grow as he answered his Dad. 



‘There are some building and a park.’ Estevan quickly said, ‘Go to the park, if the criminal is calm he’ll hide in plain sight.’ Blake was already running towards the park.  ‘Dad what if…’
‘She will be fine don’t you dare think the worst. You have a long life ahead, marriage, babies, and grandchildren. Blake you have to believe that do you understand?’ Blake couldn’t answer he felt like his heart was breaking in half.
‘Blake, pull yourself together Lexy needs you. I’m not far away.’ Blake took a deep breath as he entered the park; he quickly scanned the area and saw Lexy in the corner lying on the floor with Blair over her and what look like a dead body to one side.



Blake ran to Lexy shouting, “No, no, no…” Blair saw the state he was in and said, “She passed out Blake she is fine. I knocked her out...” 



Blake got to his feet ready to fight Blair when Estevan yelled, “Blake back down now.”
“I knocked her out but not in the way you think. That guy lying over there picked up a piece of wood and swung it in Lexy’s direction. She panicked and screamed I managed to stop that wood before it hit her head by pushing her out of the way but she hit her head anyway. However the killer over there is just breathing so we have to deal with him. I checked on Lexy and she is still breathing and was just starting to wake up.”
Blake wanted to argue but how could he; his uncle had arranged his wedding and now saved Lexy’s life. “Hun…” 



Blake turned his attention to his wife as she was getting up from the floor. He went over to her and pulled her into his chest and said, “Are you ok?”
Lexy nodded, “Blair saved me from getting beat up and that’s all I remember.” Suddenly she remembered why she was in the park and rolled the guy over who was still conscious and said, “I’m arresting you for the murder of Keith Summers, you don’t have to say anything that may harm your defence that you may later rely on in court, do you understand?”



The guy murmured, “Yes.” Then some officers that Estevan had called took him away. “Blair, stay with Lexy a moment while I talk to Blake."



When they were far enough away he firmly said, “Blake, don’t argue with Lexy about her job, I know you hate it but now is not the time. Remember her boss was a friend too and losing her friend will be hard on her so be a good husband and just be there for her, understand?”
Blake nodded at his Dad and asked, “Are you mad at me…you know getting married?”
“I was but I understand why you did it and I’m happy for you both. I do have a wedding gift but I’ll give you that in a few days when Lexy is up to it.”



Lexy collapsed when she got out of the lift, Blake got down beside her and she said through tears, “Keith is dead because of me.”
“Baby, he died because of a mad man not because of you.”
“If we hadn’t taken the long way…”
Blake yelled, “Lexy stop this now. We had just got back and were on our way there, you would not have been able to prevent this but you caught his killer because you were there.” 



He held her close to him and continued, “You are a fantastic cop; don’t ever ask me to repeat that but this why I get worried.”
“I’m quitting the job, I’m losing it.” Blake inside was jumping up and down with elation that Lexy wanted to quit the job but deep down even Blake knew she was quitting for the wrong reasons. He hated what he was about to say, “You can’t quit the job. You can only quit when you are at the top of your game.” Lexy was in shock, “Blake, do you really mean that?”
“I do. Now does Keith’s wife know?”



Lexy buried her head in Blake and said, “I don’t know.” She trembled as she took the phone in her hand. 



She dialled his home number and his wife picked up the phone, “Mrs Summers, it’s Lexy Sail.” Before Lexy could say anything more she said, “Lexy I heard you got married congratulations.”
“Thanks,” making what Lexy had to say next even more difficult, “Mrs Summers, while Keith was on duty…he was killed.” Then she listened to his wife sob down the phone, “Where is my husband Lexy?”



“He’s been taken to the hospital. You will need to give a formal ID…I am sorry that you lost him.”
“Promise me you’ll catch the person or persons responsible.”
“He’s already in custody Mrs Summers.” After that there were a few moments of silence then they said their goodbyes. Lexy dropped the phone and cried while Blake just held her.

8 comments:

  1. Poor Keith :( .... Thankfully Lexy is ok.... Thankfully Blair, in his rush to beat up Ty, came across that fight... heh....
    Lexy will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Blair did the right thing and helped her now hopefully he will forget Ty :) But poor Keith.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Just a thought.... why didn't Blake try to give him some blood, or heal him or something? :( Poor Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      When they found him he was already dead and they knew it had been too long in the time to be able to help him :(

      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. That was sweet how Blake supported her through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Blake is trying to be a very supportive husband and I'm glad he is just being there for her.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Poor Lexy. I feel so horrible for her, and I can understand her guilt, but it's really not her fault.There's no guarantee that taking a shorter route to the office could have prevented Keith's death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Lexy shouldn't blame herself and you are right there is no guarantee but I hope soon Lexy will move on.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete