Tuesday 17 September 2013

5.8 Cool and Calm


Ty looked at his reflection in the mirror and started to talk to his reflection, ‘Why can’t you show her the real you? Look at me, I’m ugly and she is way out of my league. I must be kidding myself she’s never going to see past the dog collar and makeup. Then stop wearing them. No I can’t otherwise people would see the vulnerable side and I can’t let that happen.’ He then put his makeup and collar back on and said to himself, ‘Now I know Blair is Harmony’s Dad I’d better keep up the blocking of my mind before I end up dead.’ 



He jumped when he heard a knock at the door but before he could answer Daphne walked in, “Ummm, who are you?” Daphne eyed Ty and replied, “My name is Daphne Granger. I’m Estevan’s Mum and I was sent to take you shopping for a wardrobe.”
“I don’t need hand outs.” Daphne laughed, “Unfortunately there is a dress code when you work for my son plus you need clothes. Also I know your secret, you may be able to block minds but I can still you read yours.”
Ty looked horrified and coldly asked, “Ok then what am I hiding?”



“You like Harmony.” Ty mouth almost fell to the floor and pleaded with her not to tell anyone. Daphne looked at him and said, “Come on I haven’t got all day and Estevan wants to see you suited and booted.” Ty had never had a wardrobe before but was more concerned about Blair finding out about his feelings for his daughter.
“Please answer my question…”
“I will while we are shopping.” 



As they walked to the shop Ty asked, “Can I pick my clothes?”
“I think that would be a good idea but I will help you when it comes to the suits. How old are you Ty?”
“I’m seventeen.” They had gotten to the shop and Ty started to look at the different clothes but was terrified to touch them. 



The assistant looked at Ty giving him the impression that he shouldn’t be there. “Maybe I shouldn’t be here.” Daphne looked taken aback, “Come with me.” Towards the back of the shop was a private room with plenty of mirrors, a sofa and a changing room. “What is this place?”
“It is for good customers who want to do their shopping in private. Did you see any clothes you liked?”
“I’m worried that you will tell Blair…” Daphne stopped him in his tracks, “While you are trying on new clothes you can tell me about your feelings for Harmony.” 



Ty reluctantly agreed to tell Daphne. He took his collar off and tried a t-shirt and trousers. “I like her but every time I see her I mess things up.” Daphne asked, “Do you like the outfit?” Ty shrugged his shoulders. “Ty, what is it about Harmony that you like?”
“Everything. She has pretty eyes and when I touched her arm her skin is so soft… But she says I’m not her type.”
“Did she say about the way you dress?” Ty looked at her as Daphne continued, “Some girls use it to hide their feelings. Ty here is some advice; you need to show her the person you are inside.” 



Ty had tried a shirt and trousers on as Daphne looked to see if it fitted well. “Estevan will want the makeup gone while you work.”
“No. It’s who I am.”
“Ty, it’s not who you are. Are a piece of makeup?” Ty looked at Daphne as if she had gone nuts, “You use makeup to hide the real you because of your past but one day you will have to show everyone the person you are. Going to work with makeup isn’t a good idea. You need to attend work as you. Now would you like to meet Harmony again?”
“She insulted me and I yelled at her.”
“What did you say to her?”
“I said something about her being spoilt even though beautiful and gorgeous.” Daphne looked at him straight in the eye, “Did you mean it when you called her beautiful and gorgeous?”
“Every word, why?”
“You have my word that because you said those words, you now have her attention.” Ty looked confused, “Blair calls Harmony’s mum gorgeous. Another tip for you is keep on Blair’s good side. Now if you hurry she’ll be leaving the arcade where you can meet up.”



Ty ran from the shop in his new outfit but he decided to keep his makeup on. When he arrived he saw Harmony saying goodbye to some friends and waited for her. Harmony caught sight of him and approached Ty. “Hello.” Shit she spoke to me what do I say back? Well say something idiot. “Hello…ummm about the other day…” 



Harmony interrupted him, “I’m not spoilt but thanks for the other things you said they were nice, I’m Harmony by the way.” Did she just tell me her name, ok don’t you dare do that weird dance play it cool and calm.



Ty took her hand and kissed it gently, “It a pleasure to meet you Harmony.” She giggled and thought, ‘This feels strange but nice. I wonder if he’ll ask me out again but then after I was horrible to him I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t.’

“I have to go but maybe we’ll meet soon?” Harmony was in shock, ‘when will you see me again.’

8 comments:

  1. Awww Ty.... I love him... He is him with makeup or without. Maybe he feels stronger behind the makeup? Either way, he is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      He thinks he needs the makeup but I do agree is is great with or without the makeup and yes he is a sweetie.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ Poor Ty,he is a typical Teen think of what comes natural,but has to guard his thoughts around Blair,as he only thinks of one girl,& Blair would not be very happy at anyone who thinks about his baby girl like that!LOL!
    ~ If I was Ty I would run far away from Daphne,but innocence & ignorance are blind (as he does not know her!) but no,he presses her for answers & persists in Questioning her!
    ~ I think Daphne likes Ty!
    ~ Loved it! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Ty is thinking like most teen boys do girls but in his case it's one girl and that is Harmony. Blair would hate the thought of anyone liking his little girl. Daphne likes Ty and thinks he is perfect for her step granddaughter but it is the big bad Blair he has to convince. Pressing Daphne for answers was a risk but he is more concerned about Blair finding out at this stage lol.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like Ty is finding the real him and enough courage to let the world know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      I think you may be right about Ty lets hope Blair will see this hehe

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, Ty without makeup reminded me of Draegan, my main character in Seven! I wish he'd stop hiding behind all that makeup, he looks so yummy without it! I liked Daphne's interactions with Ty, I think he could use a mother figure. And what a pleasant ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Ty reminded you of Draegan awww awesome. You are right hiding behind make-up isn't good for him and maybe soon he'll show the real him :). Daphne likes Ty and sees that he is a good person and she will encourage the relationship between Harmony and Ty. She will also try and get Blair to see sense, I hope.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete