Tuesday 1 October 2013

5.11 Feeling Guilty

Blair wasn’t in the mood to face Ty after the incident and went to bed pulling his sleeping wife close to him. Draco started to stir and Teddy was about to wake to deal with him when Blair whispered, “Go back to sleep. I will deal with our little man.”



Draco smiled when he saw his Dad walk in the door, “Hay, you should be asleep.”
“Daddy,” holding out his arms. Blair picked him up and took him to the kitchen. “Are you hungry?” 



Draco nodded and desperately tried to snatch the bottle out of Blair’s hand. 



After Draco had finished his food Blair picked him up and placed him in the walker. Blair lay there watching his son zoom around the living room and suddenly heard, “Blair, are you ok?” He shot up and said, “What time is it?”
“It’s morning and Draco was still zooming in the walker pointing at you when I walked in. He is asleep now but again he got the better of you.”
“Gorgeous, I’m sorry. I just needed my sleep.” Teddy looked at her husband and asked, “Did you see Ty last night?”
Blair sighed, “How did you know? Never mind…I was going to but Lexy needed help so I…” Teddy now seemed excited, “Awww they are back. How was the wedding and did they enjoy the honeymoon?”
“Slow down, Lexy was in trouble as she tried to make an arrest so I helped her but Keith died so she is upset.” 



Before he could say anything else Teddy was on the phone heading towards the door. “Where are you going?”
“My new niece is in pain and Dawn and I are going to see if she is ok. If you see Will, let him know. I think he and Heather are back later today.”



Lexy just lay on the bed not wanting to move, “Baby, please eat something.” She wouldn’t answer him and just stared into space. Blake heard the lift doors open and voices say, “Blake, Lexy where are you?” Blake shouted and Dawn and Teddy walked in, “How is she?” Teddy asked. Blake shook his head. Dawn said, “I am happy for both of you.” 



Blake hugged her and said, “You look great.”
“Thanks but I wish your brother or sister wouldn't move so much.” Blake smiled and left them to talk with Lexy.



Lexy turned over and said, “I feel guilty, you should of heard his wife crying on the phone it was heart wrenching.”
Dawn touched her arm, “Estevan said you arrested the guy responsible. You did the right thing.”
“Dawn is right so you have nothing to feel guilty about. Blair said he helped but he didn’t say how…”
Lexy looked at them both then replied, “He stopped the guy from hitting me. This is a great start to my marriage.”
Dawn looked upset, “What do you mean? A colleague, a friend has died but you have to grieve and move on.”



“I just mean I’m supposed to come home and still be in honeymoon mode.” They both laughed as they asked in unison, “Have you worn him out yet?”
“Not yet but I’m working on it,” with a cheeky grin. Teddy smiled and said, “See you look better when you smile. Has Blake been good since it all happened?” Lexy looked down then back at Teddy, “He’s been wonderful, he even said not to quit the job and that surprised me.”



Dawn stood there and said firmly, “Don’t you have a job to do to make sure that killer stays behind bars.” Lexy pulled herself together and got dressed for work.



Dawn fell into Estevan’s arms, “How is she doing?”
“Better now we have seen her. Work will be hard today but she will get through it.”
“The doctor will be here in an hour so get back to bed.”
“I’m fine…”
“You’ve done enough in the last few days and the doctor did say rest as much as possible.”
“Estevan I am a grown woman…”
“Yes but you are struggling with the baby. Now what do you and the baby like for dinner?”
“I think ice-cream.” Estevan laughed, “Again?”



The doctor arrived to find Dawn lying on the bed. “How are you today, Dawn?” She smiled and replied, “I’m fine. It’s just my husband worries too much.”
“Enjoy the attention; make it work in your favour.” Dawn giggled slightly as the doctor continued, “You are now 24 weeks and the baby is doing well.” Estevan was sitting on the bed next to Dawn listening to the doctor, “Having Estevan around is helping you Dawn and this baby responds well when Daddy is around.”
“Doc, how long does Dawn have left with her pregnancy?”
“Ummm it’s hard to say. If this baby was human then you would be looking at another 16 weeks but as it is a vampire baby then could be from a few weeks to another month.” Dawn started to panic, “No, I’m not ready. The nursery isn’t ready…I thought I was going to be huge before the baby came.”



Estevan held her and the doctor said, “It’s your first baby so you are very neat. Now it’s up to the baby when it makes an appearance.” She looked at Estevan and he said, “It’s true, Will came at 25 weeks and Blake came at 28 weeks, lazy git. Thankfully he works hard so he didn’t stay lazy.”
“And you only tell me now,” as she started to freak out, “Baby stay calm.”
“Estevan I hate pain and I…” He kissed her and softly said, “I will be there through the birth so stop worrying, ok.” Dawn nodded and just stayed wrapped in his arms.  

7 comments:

  1. Hurray! Ty is safe.... for now... heh
    Lexy certainly has a lot to work through, and I feel bad for her, she should still be in honeymoon mode, not grieving for someone. She's strong, she will be there for Keith's wife if she is needed, I am sure.
    Estevan is a good guy. What happened to the guy everyone was afraid of? Love changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Zhippidy,

    Ty is safe for now but how long? Lexy will get past this and she will help Keith wife if it is needed. Blake I'm sure will spark the honeymoon to take Lexy's mind of things but when it is right.
    Estevan is a good guy around Dawn but they are still people who are scared of him hehe which you will still see from time to time.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Blair, everyone is keeping him on his toes, his wife, daughter and now his son. The man needs some sleep. Draco is a cutie pie.

    I'm glad the girls went to see Lexy, she could use their support.

    So excited for Dawn and Estevan's baby, I didn't realize how far along she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Blair needs his sleep as he is being pulled in all directions lol. The girls felt Lexy needed them because of what happened. Dawn is far along lol and I can't wait to see the little one :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Blair has exhausted himself.
    Lexi has the difficult task of trying to work while also mourning her boss. That'll be horridly difficult.
    Dawn is kinda funny about the way she started panicking about how quickly a vamp pregnancy ends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Blair won't be exhausted for long lol. Lexy is finding it difficult at the moment but I believe with the strength of Blake she will pull through. Dawn is funny now she is starting to panic.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete