Tuesday 22 October 2013

5.14 Bribery


Harmony found herself at the graveyard and knelt down by her grandfather’s grave. “Granddad.”
David appeared and said, “Harmony, is that you?” 



She ran into his arms and softly said, “It’s me. Can you please talk to Daddy, he found out I like this boy Ty and he wants me to have nothing to do with him.”
“I take it you like the boy?” She looked at her granddad, “I do and I would like to get to know him better.”
“I wish I could help but I’m stuck here, sweetheart.” 



Harmony lost her temper, “No you’re not, I heard Daddy say that you married Daphne and you see her every week at Uncle Estevan’s house.”



“You know…” Harmony like her father took the bribery route and held a bottle out, “Unlike my new gran this potion I hold contains the ingredients to make you human again for death till you part but this is the deal, I want to get to know Ty without Daddy breathing down my neck. Something is different I can feel it but I want to know why. All I need you to do is talk to Daddy. After all even though you are human he is scared of you, I heard him say that to Mum.”
“And if I don’t?”



“I tip this away but I could go further and give you eternal life, I need to make my first kill but I could try it out on you if you let me.”
“You said kill…”
“I need the practise and I could turn you rather than kill you, I know how and if I kill you I could always bring you back and try again.”
“Harmony don’t you think this is going overboard just for a boy?”
“Maybe but I need to find out what it is. Will you help me Granddad?” David looked at her and softly replied, “I will help because you are my Granddaughter and I love you not because of bribery.”



David didn’t wait for someone to open the door. He passed through the door catching Teddy by surprise and all she could do was point in the direction of Blair. He was playing away at the piano angry that Harmony was getting older and wanting to see boys.
“Nice to see you still play the piano.” Blair slammed the keys down and turned to his father and with sarcasm in his voice asked, “Not with the wife?” 



David sighed, “Do we have to be this way every time? Look I made my mistakes and I regret them but you and Estevan were never a mistake and yes I should have been there more but it never meant I never cared for either of you. I’d like us to get along can we do that?”
Blair grunted, “I suppose so. Why are you here anyway?” David looked at Bair and replied, “Harmony came to see me. She says you are giving her a hard time over a boy, Ty.” 



Blair got angry, “She isn’t dating not now, not ever.”
“As a parent I understand your concern but if you don’t let her date she will hate you…” Teddy was in the doorway and added, “And end up with someone like my ex.” Blair softened his face when he looked at Teddy and held her saying, “That will never happen to our daughter. I will make sure of that.”
“She could date countless men to spite you and ignore Ty. You know he has a good heart so what are you afraid of?”
“I’m afraid she’ll never need me again…” 



Teddy caressed his face and said, “You won’t lose her if you accept Ty. One of two things will happen they will get to know each other and drift apart and break the bond mutually or grow stronger in their love and then get married…”
“Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” 



Teddy smiled, “No just pointing out the truth.”
“Blair, listen to your wife. You have a good woman there. Harmony just wants to make her own choices.”
“Fine I’ll let her chose her boyfriend but whoever he is, he’d better treat my baby right.”
David smiled at his son and said, “She will come to you if he doesn’t and you know that deep down.”



Ty was swinging on the swing when he saw Harmony enter the park. He watched as Harmony approached him. “Hello again.” 



Ty stood up and just looked at her. “Why did you run off when you kissed my hand?”
Ty just stared at her and replied, “I don’t know, your Dad wouldn’t approve of us being seen together.” Harmony got closer towards Ty and asked, “Is that what you want?” 



Ty stepped back and sadly said, “I’d love to know you better but I don’t want to make things difficult between you and your Dad so we can’t meet again.” Harmony couldn’t say anything and was almost at the brink of tears, “But what about the nice things you said?”


“I meant every word but your Dad….” Harmony bolted this time from the park with all her emotions flying everywhere. Ty felt terrible but he needed to stay on Blair’s good side if he was to win over Harmony. 



Suddenly he collapsed not knowing what was wrong he got the phone from his pocket and managed to phone Art before he passed out.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I am not sure I liked that Harmony was ready to give her grandfather an ultimatum. Do this or this. Bad thinking Harmony. Or maybe she just didn't think it through. And then she goes and makes a mess of Ty before she knows the outcome of her grandfather's talk. Quite impulsive. The running away. Blah Harmony, what are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Harmony is desperate because she wants to know Ty and Blair won't let her. She thinks getting her Granddad to help is the answer but tries to use bribery to do it but David doesn't like blackmail. Ty wants to see her but doesn't want to cause trouble and Harmony has no idea what she has done yet.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ Oh no, Ty collapsed,that has got to be bad,I wonder what is wrong with him!
    ~ Harmony going the Blackmail route is a little bit of Blair showing through!LOL!
    ~ She at least got Davids attention,& he did talk to Blair,with Teddy's help,I think maybe Blair may come around, I know he likes Ty as he would not have employed him otherwise!
    ~ Love it! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Yes Ty collapsed after Harmony left, I think the stress has got him. Harmony may look like her Mum but there is a lot of Blair in her lol.
      David loves his Granddaughter but will not be blackmailed and I think that is why he still talked to Blair for her. Blair does like Ty but when his daughter is in the mix it is very different for him.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. "Are you trying to give me a heartattack?" LMAO! Dammit, I love Blair and his high-spirited emotions.
    Harmony can be very devious it looks like.
    Uh oh. Doesn't look like the bond between Harmony and Ty is helping Ty at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      'Heartattack', who me lol? Blair, yes the good old him shines through from time to time :). Harmony can be like her Dad hehe. The state Ty is in over what to do for the best for his boss and the girl he loves is hard on him and its taken its toll but hopefully he will be ok.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. How did Harmony get the potion? Just curious. It's tough being a vampire, instead of being a normal teenager, Harmony has bigger issues to deal with. I didn't realize she's that close to her grandfather for her to be making demands and issuing ultimatums. I hope Ty will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Harmony used her lab set lol but was also show by her cousin Blake. She is finding it tough being a vampire as well as being Blair's daughter when he won't let her out of his sight. Harmony isn't that close but knows Blair is still afraid on some level of his father and Harmony will use any trick to get Blair of her back. Ty will be fine :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete