Tuesday 10 December 2013

5.27 A Sad Day



The silence was unmistakeable as everyone watched the coffin being carried to it’s finally resting place. 



William was still in shock as he just kept looking at the coffin thinking any moment now Heather would wrap her arms around him. Suddenly something snapped in William’s mind and he tried to jump on top of the coffin but Estevan and Blair could see it coming and grabbed him and pulled him back.



“Why don’t you just let me be with her?” Estevan had respected his son was a grown man with a family but today had to become Dad again, “William, I understand you are hurting but the twins need you and so does Art.”



William was angry and snapped, “Fuck you and your sympathy. How the hell would you know how I feel? You took me and Blake away from our Mother. Your choice and then she died all alone and you have never visited her grave.”



Estevan lost his temper, “Enough, how dare you bring your mother into this, I loved her and still do. I told you I thought I was sick but when I realised I wasn’t it was too late to go back. I did visit her grave and sobbed like a child and begged for her forgiveness but she never showed herself too me…” 



Spencer was ready to snap at William and Estevan but Blair intervened, “Have you both quite finished? A loving young woman died a week ago giving birth to twins and you both want to have a slagging match at her funeral.” Blair forced William to look at Art sobbing on his own then he spun him around to look at Spencer and Matt, “Your son has lost a mother just like you did, remember? Then there is your brother in-law and nephew who lost a sister and aunt. What would Heather think of your behaviour?” William bowed his head in shame and stood next to Art and Spencer. Blair growled at Estevan and said, “And as for you, you should know better.” Estevan stood back with Dawn and held her hand as the priest continued with the prayers of condolences.



Blake stood looking at William and Heather’s wedding picture on the wall when Lexy walked in, “They looked so happy.” Blake didn’t turn around but said, “They were made for each other. I was still a teenager when they first met so Heather was like a sister to me. Something like this puts things in perspective, don’t you think?” Lexy stepped closer and asked, “You mean us and the job offer?”



“Yes.” Blake turned to Lexy pulling her close and said, “Take the job no one will do it better than you but promise me you will stay safe and any trouble you tell me.” Lexy was almost in tears as she asked, “Do you really mean this?”
“Baby, I love you and I meant every word. I just don’t want to lose you on the job but I realize putting my foot down could push you away.”



“I love you too and if it gets too much or it takes over us I will leave the force because I don’t want to be married 2 or 3 times, once is enough for me.” 



Blake kissed her with passion when William walked in, “At least you get to kiss your wife I just buried mine.” Blake was furious and was about to speak when Blair ushered both Blake and Lexy out the room. 



“Have you decided on names for the twins?”
“No, and I don’t want them here.” 



Blair was now angry and grabbed William and yelled, “You would throw out your own flesh and blood because Heather died. They didn’t ask to be born. As I remember it you begged Heather to have more children.” Estevan had walked in and listened intently to the conversation and let Blair continue. 



Blair released him and William fell to the floor and said, “I can’t sleep because she isn’t there. When the twins cry, I don’t know what to do but Heather always knew how to deal with these things.”
“And we are family, your my nephew, I’ll help you. Your Dad wants to help but you have to stop fighting with him and then there is Blake and your son Art, who by the way is a teenager and he has been looking after the twins but they need you because you are their Dad.”



Estevan now spoke up, “Spencer is staying for a while and so is Mathew. They are staying here with you so you have all the help you need.”
“I’m sorry about what I said about Mum, I know you still love her. Dawn isn’t angry at you because of the argument?”
“No she is fine. The twins will have to have names though.” Blair looked at William and said, “Heather came to see me a few weeks ago and gave me some letters and one was addressed to you. I think now is the right time to give it to you.”
William took the letter and opened it and it read,

My dearest Will,
When I saw the doctor in the early stages of pregnancy he told me there were going to be complications and that I should terminate the pregnancy. I laughed it off and never told you because now I was a vampire, I didn’t believe him. However in case I’m wrong that is why I wrote this.  

I hope you are loving the twins as much as you loved me because they deserve that. I know you will be upset but please be there for them and Art. They need you baby, and when we agreed to try again you promised me that you would be around more for the babies and I want you to uphold that because I’m not there. Remember if we have a girl let her date and let her dress like a girl including miniskirts if that’s what she like to wear. Don’t grill and scare to death all the boys that she dates. If we have a boy, as we did with Art be firm but fair and make sure he treats his girlfriend’s well. Tell Art he was always special to me and I love him very much.

Then there is you, the man of my dreams, the man who always loved me and even married me twice. Thank you for giving me such a beautiful wedding day. Thank you for our wonderful children. Thank you for loving me as much as you did, that means more to me than you’ll ever know.

All my love and kisses
For now and forever
Heather

Xxxxxx



A Big thank you to Zhippidy for her grab pose 

7 comments:

  1. ~ This was such a hard one,it made me cry, it is hard to say farewell!
    ~ Sorry can not see to type,still crying! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      It made me cry too, I understand the crying but thanks for reading it through the tears

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Karima,

    It was a very sad chapter and Heather will be missed :(

    Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just... I can't believe it. Heather's been around for what feels like since the beginning, at least very close to it!

    Blake was very mature and somewhat brave to let Lexi take the job she really wants.

    I understand William not wanting the twins around. He's in horrible mourning and not thinking clearly. I half thought that Blair should've cut him a little slack, but then I'm always one for a little tough love in situations like these. I hope William doesn't grow to hate the twins. I don't think he will, but that kind of thing does happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Heather has been around since Season 1, chapter 2 :( and now she has gone. Blake is being a good husband here.
      William can't think straight and the twins make him feel worse and hopefuuly he will pull through. Blair wanted to snap William out of this and quick, hopefully it worked.

      Thanks fo reading :)

      Delete
  4. This was such a sad update. I read it when it came out, but I couldn't bring myself to comment. Even now I don't know what to say, still very sad that shes gone and Will is hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      It was sad and it upset me so I understand totally, Will is hurting a lot and it will be a hard road for him

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete